Avocado toast is a great quick healthy brekkie, brunch or even a light bite for lunch.
You need this:
- 1 slice of lightly toasted sourdough bread
- Olive oil
- 1/2 ripe avocado roughly chopped
- A wedge of lemon or lime
- Pinch of dried chilli flakes (optional)
- 3 tsp mixed seeds (we used a mixture of pumpkin and sunflower seeds)
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper to season
You do this:
Place the warm slice of toast on a plate and drizzle over a generous glug of olive oil. Put the avocado on the toast; mash it with the back of a fork. Drizzle a little more olive oil, squeeze over the lemon or lime juice, sprinkle over the chilli flakes; season to taste and scatter over the mixed seeds.
As the seeds are protein, this will work just as well with a fried or a runny poached egg or some crispy bacon instead of the seeds.
If you’ve got some fresh coriander kicking around in your fridge or on the window sill, add a few chopped leaves.